Shabbir is an Advanced Trainer and Practitioner with Six Seconds Emotional Intelligence Network (www.6seconds.org).
His process involves distinct blend of experiential learning style and exciting outdoor activities.
He is a mentor/coach, speaker, facilitator, and author. His mission is to empower people to create a healthy and stress-free work environment and live fulfilling lives. Shabbir’s clients have ranged from inmates and staff at a maximum security prison, to at-risk youth in high school, to staff and senior executives of large corporations.
Shabbir is a Certified EQ Advanced Practitioner with Six Seconds Emotional Intelligent Network (www.6seconds.org) and certified to administer Six Seconds EI instrument (SEI) to measure EI competencies.
He earned a M.S. in Therapeutic Recreation, specializing in “Experiential Education” pedagogy. His workshops enable learning with rich, fun-filled, and engaging experiential activities, related to real life situations.
He has been awarded, “The State of California Superior Accomplishment Award, in recognition of exceptionally meritorious service contributing to a marked improvement in the operations of the state government.”
Training and Experience
- “Advanced Practitioner” for 6Seconds – www.6seconds.org/cert/profile/view/165
- Recreation Therapy – M.S. in Therapeutic Recreation – San Jose State University, CA.
- Electronics Engineering – Ph. D. & M.S. in Electronics Engineering – U.C. Santa Barbara, CA and B.S. in Electronics Engineering – Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo, CA
- Wilderness First Responder
- Outdoor Leadership (Inner City Outings (ICO) trip leader)
- Worked at Salinas Valley Psych Program inside Salinas Valley State Prison, as a Rehab/Recreation Therapist. Read “Neuroscience of Working in Prison“
- Facilitated workshops on Emotional Intelligence at conferences and business organizations
- Co-lead Wilderness/Adventure Therapy trips with Soltrek, Catherine Freer, and Boojum
- Worked in various high-tech companies in Silicon Valley such as—Honeywell, AMD, and MIPS/Silicon Graphics